.iam.piscessoul.

...respect is just the minimum...

9.03.2004

maybe tomorrow, i'll want to settle down. But until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on....

Last night was ladies night in. An impromptu night where myself and three of my girlfriends just hung out, got just a little inebriated and cracked the silliest jokes that only we could truly appreciated.

The night started out early at 5:30 pm, initiated by planning that needed to be done for the upcoming long weekend. But after planning, it hit us that it was a beautiful night and we sat around watching tv and talking. Somehow, we began talking about old television shows that we watched and their associated theme songs. In our 'happiness' we sang theme songs from Little House on the Praire, Charles in Charge, Fat Albert, St. Elsewhere, Fraggle Rock, Degrassi High, Danger Bay and then we got stumped. We started talking about a show that we ALL remembered based on a dog that would travel around helping people. NO! Not Lassie! We all knew the show, but no one could figure out the name. Half an hour after we had given up...it hit me!! THE LITTLEST HOBO. Shyt, I was so proud of myself. I was jumping up and down, clapping my hands like a little kid. I even remembered the theme song and was singing it out loud. If you can't remember the show, here's a taste of the theme song...

*clears throat*

...there's a voice that keeps on calling me. Down the road, that's where I'll always be. Every stop I make, I make a new friend. Can't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone again. Maybe tomorrow, I'll wanna settle down. But until tomorrow I'll just keep moving on....


**Note: I did some research while at work today and found out that this was a Canadian show that aired from 1979 to 1985 before getting cancelled. But I could have sworn that I saw a re-run of it a week or so ago. AND, supposedly Mike Myers did a couple guest appearances on the show way back before he became famous.**

Kids, don't drink alcohol and do NOT smoke weed...this is the end result. A night spent thinking of this type of silliness. ((That's todays public service announcement)).

Anyways, I'm off to spend the long weekend in the wilderness. I've already threatened my fellow campers that if I even smell a bear or see a loon or a coyote or any type of wildlife that could possible threaten my life, I will be holding them each responsible. If I post next week, you'll know I survived the wilderness.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home