.iam.piscessoul.

...respect is just the minimum...

7.07.2005

..then i jetted in the jet...

so it's 11:45pm and in less than 10 hours i will be boarding a bwia flight to sweet trinidad.

the problem?

it's 11:45pm and i'm no where close to being finished packing. my first suitcase has two pairs of jeans in it at the moment and i have about 2-3 loads of laundry (of clothes that need to come with me) that still need to be done.

so why am i on the computer?

i'm a junkie dammit! Ha!

i'm stressed..i still have a full day of work ahead of me tomorrow. my department will be moving while I'm gone, so i need to pack my desk. plus, i have a pile of shit on my desk, all of which needs to be addressed before i exit the office tomorrow at 4:30pm. i have an appointment with pain at 5pm. then must rush home, finish packing and get to the airport by 7pm. (impossible you say?)

the rushing is all worth it. i can't wait for that moment as the wheels of the plane touch down on the runway and everyone on the plane starts clapping (do they only do that on flights into the west indies? because every flight i've been on to trinidad has ended with applause) and i step out of the airport and get my first whiff of that air.

8 Comments:

  • At Sun. Jul. 10, 11:17:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger obifromsouthlondon said…

    someone's gotta start blogger's anonymous. I should be doing some vital work but been blog surfing for three fucking hours!!! Argh!!!

    I can only imagine she's already sunning it up in Sweet Trini.

    envy spreads across his face. lol

    Enjoy the Holiday kiddo.

     
  • At Thu. Jul. 21, 03:32:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger uzuri.afi said…

    Came to let you know I read the post. yeah you should enjoy your trip in Trinidad. Is that where you or your family is from? Anyway, have fun eat some jerk chicken and cook up rice for me.

     
  • At Thu. Jul. 21, 01:12:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger DQ said…

    Enjoy your trip, girlie! I was just there in May. Hotter than a llama's left hoof, it was. (Oh, and there was no clapping when BWIA touched on the landing pad. My husband even commented about it even though he's oblivious to most things.) We spent a few days in Tobago too. Enjoy some bake & shark, bake & bojoh (sp??) roti & curry for me.

    Just getting into this blog surfing thing. DANGEROUS!! Turning into a blog binger myself. BUT, I WILL control myself...err...maybe...hopefully?

     
  • At Mon. Jul. 25, 06:03:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger piscessoul said…

    thanks y'all for the well wishes on my trip. full blog report to follow later as i have a lot of catching up to do.

    but summary reads as follows:
    - no luggage for two days
    - hurricane emily hit
    - bombing in port of spain
    but still had an amazing two weeks

     
  • At Thu. Jul. 28, 03:15:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger princessdominique said…

    Glad you had fun.

     
  • At Wed. Aug. 03, 12:52:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger The Humanity Critic said…

    thats pretty cool..

     
  • At Sat. Aug. 13, 10:21:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger lady in satin said…

    Wow...Trinidad! I hope you had fun. Trinidad is one of the places I would love to visit, especially during carnival. One of my good friends is from Trini, maybe I'll go with her one year. Anyway...it sounds like you had alot to do before going. I just hope that you enjoyed your vacation!!

     
  • At Fri. Oct. 14, 04:28:00 p.m. EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Help me Dude, I'm lost.

    I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

    No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

    He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

    But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

    Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

    And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

    "You give me love and consolation,
    You give me strength to carry on "

    Strange day or what? :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home