.iam.piscessoul.

...respect is just the minimum...

4.08.2005

my day just got better...

what a day.
.missed my train this morning.
.stood in the line at tim horton's..got to the front and realized i didn't have cash on me and had to run to the bank and then come back (becuz Tim's doesn't have interac).
.i got a sudden influx of claims today (in addition to the pile already at my desk).
.the ttc goes on strike (which means next week is going to be a mess)
.my train coming home was late

but despite all of the above, i had done one smart thing..before leaving home, i had left the new quasimoto album downloading. so i finally got home after what seemed to be an endless day, got comfortable...logged on and started listening to the further adventures of lord quas. i'm only at the first track after the intro and i've had to rewind. greenery! i need to burn this now so i can listen to it on a proper stereo with the bass pumped up. from the first beat, my head was nodding. i love madlib's use of dialogue; reminds me of Rza. madlib never seems to disappoint me. (atleast not yet). musically, he's one of the anchors of my sanity since so much of the other new shit floating around right now disappoints me.

and i still got 24 more tracks to go!

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Apr 08, 07:43:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger Julien said…

    I've seen your nice blog and I though that you could like mine. I've just begun it: http://groovepower.blogspot.com/. It's in French but you will understand "music is an universal language". If you wanna let me some informations, you're welcome!

     
  • At Fri Apr 08, 08:29:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger piscessoul said…

    thanks for stopping by.
    as a canadian, i really should be able to understand most of your blog (having taken french in school). But i'll admit i didn't always pay attention, so i'll have to find an online english-french translator for when i start to stumble.

     
  • At Sun Apr 10, 04:23:00 p.m. EDT, Blogger chrome said…

    hey kiddo wassup? been some time still (blog time always seems forever).

    me see someone's got the new Lord Quas!! downloading it? where the link? (cheap obisco asking for a hookup) lol. He does remind me of RZA actually come to think of it. that flow. I made a mix for a lady friend - mix of madlib stuff/lootpack/oh no/some trip hoppy stuff - and she loved it. It gave me a chance to listen to all his stuff again. madlib is that n***a. gotta cop that ish pronto.

    Hope you doing ok. good looking out sweetheart.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home