.iam.piscessoul.

...respect is just the minimum...

3.16.2005

some more.

chances are rather slim that i will be attending any of these shows. however, someone needs to go so they can tell me about it.









ok i lied. i'm hoping to maybe attend john legend and (fingers crossed) slum village. john legend is looking like a definite, because it's r&b and i can coerce my girls into attending. slum village is a 'maybe i should hang with the fellas' because none of my girls will be interested. sad but true. i'm an outsider in my own circle where some of my musical tastes are concerned. *le sigh*

5 Comments:

  • At Wed Mar 16, 05:20:00 PM EST, Blogger Brother OMi said…

    jazzy jeff will blow your mind...

    but man i wish i was in your shoes

     
  • At Thu Mar 17, 11:22:00 AM EST, Blogger obifromsouthlondon said…

    read a review on the perceptionists joint. sounds like it's dope. yes iselfra jazzy the man. came to london last year supported by skillz. dropped a heavy four hour dj set. worked the tables something crazy.

    Saw S.V back in the Y2K at some festival. heavy. miss baatin though. dude was totally bugged out on stage.

     
  • At Mon Mar 28, 12:41:00 PM EST, Blogger R7 Soulhemian said…

    I have YET to see Slum Vill, everytime they have a show around here (NYC) they seem to cancel. HOPEFULLY, I'll get to see them this time around. I just wish Baatin was back!!

    Luckily, I've been able to catch Jazzy Jeff & John Legend live... *big smile*

    Thank you PISCES for dropping by my spot... hope you'll come back, I'll definitely come back here.

     
  • At Mon Mar 28, 09:01:00 PM EST, Blogger Shuttabugg said…

    Hey...

    We seem to be experiencing the same thing within our circle of friends.

    I've seen the Slum, but never Jazzy Jeff.

    So, let's try and build so that by the time summer hits, we cool folk with our "unusual" musical tastes can go to these shows together.

    Thanks for peepin the blog. This is me.

    I'll definitely be back.

    Peace

     
  • At Wed Mar 30, 07:31:00 PM EST, Blogger piscessoul said…

    @R7 - i caught SV in one of their earlier gigs in T.O. about 4+ years ago. DOPE! Bahamadia was also at that show. DOPE! Dilla had his DAT and was making beats on stage. Now how dope is that!

    @shuttabug - definitely.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home